Objective of the experiment is to determine (i) Darcy’s friction factor (f) of the given circular pipe (ii) Plot Darcy’s friction factor with Re (x-axis).
- Make a discussion on your observation.
- Take a picture of the test setup during experiment & paste that with the report sheet.
- Reading is to be taken when the flow through the channel is almost steady.
- Readings are to be taken carefully so that chances of errors (like parallax error, human error during stop watch reading etc.) are minimized.
- Dye insertion should be gradual so that pipe flow is not disturbed.