Objective of the experiment is to determine the type of flow & critical Reynolds number range at the transition from laminar to turbulent, in pipe flow.
- Reynolds experiment setup.
- Stop watch & collecting tank.
- Colored dye(Potassium Permagnet)
- Make a discussion on your observation.
Take a picture of the test setup during experiment & paste that with the report sheet.
- Reading is to be taken when the flow through the channel is almost steady.
- Readings are to be taken carefully so that chances of errors (like parallax error, human error during stop watch reading etc.) are minimized.
- Dye insertion should be gradual so that pipe flow is not disturbed